Henry Ct. Middaugh's Beneficiaries, 1836

 

Will Book B, p  312

Pike County, Pennsylvania

Estate of H Ct. Middaugh

Deceased

"And now August 20th A D 1836 Henry C Middaugh, John W Middaugh, & Lenah Middaugh make application to me Daniel E. LaBar the Register for the probate of wills and granting letters of administration in and for Pike County for the probate of the last will and testament of Henry Ct Middaugh and for letters testamentary therein and which said will is in the words following to wit …"

 


Beneficiaries:

My well beloved wife Lenah;

my son William Middaugh;

my son Cornelius Middaugh, Jun.;

my son Levi Middaugh;  

my son John Middaugh;

my son Henry Middaugh, and his son and daughters, William Middaugh, Elmira Middaugh, and Catherine Middaugh;

my daughter Catherine Little, wife of William Little;

my daughter Peggy Danneley, widow of William Danneley; (or Donnoley?)*

my daughter Peggy Wood, wife of John Wood and her daughter Charity Lambert;   

my daughter Janey Caskey, wife of Martin Caskey;

my son William to hold in trust for my daughter Sally Quick, wife of Daniel Quick;

my grandson Henry C. Middaugh (father is not named).

 

Executors:  Henry C Middaugh, John W Middaugh & Lenah Middaugh

Witnesses: Richard Eldred, M.M. Dimmick, Catherine Carpenter

Daniel E. LaBar, Register

Inventory Sept 15, 1836

Filed Sept. 20, 1836

 

The two daughters are both referred to by the anglicized nickname “Peggy” in the will.

 

* William Dowley & Ganehje Middag, bapt Henry b 1804 & Pegge b 1805 https://archive.org/details/minisinkvalleyre00vosb/page/235/mode/1up

 


        "Midaghs" 1792, Reading Howell, A Map Of The State Of Pennsylvania